Breaking things down
So what exactly have we changed?
- Combined first and last name fields into a single input
- Removed the overkill “retype” email & password field (with the optional
show password this becomes redundant)
- Minor position changes for optional subscription sign up and input field descriptions
- This is something that should be prompted to the user after successful registration - don’t bog them down before they even sign up
Helpful Micro improvements
You don’t need to be extreme when gutting form fields - just be practical.
- Don’t use “first” and “last” names as separate inputs, instead use something like “Full Name”
- Make complex questions use preset answers via
select items whenever possible (these are clunky and most times unnecessary)
- Include easy to understand, real-time error prompts
- Great place to deep-dive into UX form design: UX Movement
← Back to all articles
If you would like help support this blog, please consider donating to help keep articles ad-free.
This site is an honorary member of the 1MB Club.
No third-party advertising or data collection - More about privacy.
Built with Jekyll & hosted on Netlify.
Maintained with ♥ for the web.
This page is valid HTML